Welcome and how to use this site
SharePoint Solutions has designed this site with one purpose in mind: to help people solve their SharePoint problems.
To that end, you will find:
- In-depth "How-to" articles and videos written by SharePoint instructors, consultants and experts
- "Help and How-to" groups and discussion forums where SharePoint questions are asked and answered
- A community of SharePoint users who are interested in getting their SharePoint problems solved and helping others
Visit our "How to use this site" page to get more details on how to get the most out of your visits.
Site Wide Activity [RSS]
Ricard – When I've run into this situation, I usually find that the easiest way to handle it is to write a workflow with SharePoint Designer that will copy the value in the Calculated column to a coloum with the proper data type and have it run whenever the item changes.
Ken – You could create a Site Column of type Lookup. You will need to create that in the Subcontracts site where the list on which you are looking up resides. Then, the other sites that you want to use that Site Column will need to be sub-sites of that one. Site Columns are inherited [...]
Ken – I think this is the key:
"If the documents are checked out to me, the rows and cells are "read only". When they are checked in, I can edit the cell in the datasheet, but do get the yellow diamond, which tells me I need to check the file out for the changes to [...]
samelonkiRA became a registered member 14 hours, 34 minutes ago
Bryan Jonenson became a registered member 15 hours, 24 minutes ago
- I do have a required metadata field that I've created titled "Category" which is a choice column. This is shown in the datasheet view.
- I do not have a column od data that is Managed Metadata.
- I do not have any validation rules applied to any columns.
- If the documents are checked out to [...]