Welcome and how to use this site
SharePoint Solutions has designed this site with one purpose in mind: to help people solve their SharePoint problems.
To that end, you will find:
- In-depth "How-to" articles and videos written by SharePoint instructors, consultants and experts
- "Help and How-to" groups and discussion forums where SharePoint questions are asked and answered
- A community of SharePoint users who are interested in getting their SharePoint problems solved and helping others
Visit our "How to use this site" page to get more details on how to get the most out of your visits.
Site Wide Activity [RSS]
- I do have a required metadata field that I've created titled "Category" which is a choice column. This is shown in the datasheet view.
- I do not have a column od data that is Managed Metadata.
- I do not have any validation rules applied to any columns.
- If the documents are checked out to [...]
TL Ferrell wrote a new blog post: Add a BCC Recipient to a SharePoint Designer 2010 Workflow 1 day, 3 hours ago
One of the most common Actions used in SharePoint Designer custom workflows is “Send an Email.” This Action allows you to specify recipients, subject lines, and the email body with combinations of text and dynamic content.
The email design dialog box in SharePoint Designer (SPD) 2010 is a great improvement over the one in SPD 2007. [...]
I need to create a datalist on one site (i.e. Subcontracts) that houses the names of the subcontractors we deal with. I'd like to be able to reference that datalist under the Subcontracts site in a different site (i.e. Business Development) to ensure that the company names are consistant across all sites.
Is this considered an [...]
Ken – A few more ideas…
– Is it possible that there is another required metadata field on the library besides the category column you created? If so, you'll have to add this column to the view you are using when you click on Datasheet View. This could even be something that has been added [...]
Ricky – I am able to edit a datalist in the datasheet view, however, I cannot edit a document library thru the datasheet view, even for something as simple as adding the document title.
I am running the 32-bit version of Office as well.
Lisa became a registered member 2 days, 18 hours ago